American Legion Auxiliary, San Dieguito Unit 416
Meeting Highlights – April 2017
Committee Reports and Activities
• President Sondra Mote reported that the monthly rental fee for the meeting room was being lowered to $150. She also reported that George Barlow has stated that the Post will pay the Auxiliary $250 for the cancellation of our April dinner.
• On behalf of 2nd Vice President, Julie Glinski, Sondra Mote reported that dinner receipts for March were $207, and would be contributed to our Girls State fund.
• Chaplain Connielou Caldwell reminded members to check their survival kits, to ensure they are complete. She also indicated that she will need some assistance with procedures, as defined by Roberts Rules of Order.
• Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation chair, Shirley Reeves, submitted a request that Volunteer Hours be reported as soon as possible.
• Membership chair, Roxene McGrory, reported that our Unit is only three members short of this year’s goal.
• It was reported that Merry Culhane will continue as Poppy Chair. Members were requested to meet on Thursday, April 13 at 11am to stuff the Poppy letters.
• Sondra Mote reported that all of the paperwork for Girls State has been submitted on time.
• The dates of the first/second reading of the by-laws were added to the document which were March 7, 2017 and April 4, 2017. The Secretary and President signed the by-laws. The by-laws will be turned in at the next Department 22 district meeting to be held on April 9, 2017. Once the signed copy from District is returned for our official records, a copy will be passed to members and posted on the San Dieguito American Legion Auxiliary Unit 416 website shared with Post 416.
• The committee for Officer Nominations announced this year’s candidates:
|1st Vice President:||Shirley Reeves, Cheri Denevers, Karen Bonner|
|Sergeant at Arms:||Toni Moore|
Elections will be held at the May meeting.
• Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 4th, with refreshments at 6:30pm, followed immediately by the regular meeting at 7:00pm.