American Legion Auxiliary, San Dieguito Unit 416
Meeting Highlights – October 2017
• We were pleased to welcome two of our Girls State representatives, Edie Uebethor from La Costa Canyon, and Madison Vance from San Dieguito Academy, who shared their experiences at this year’s event.
Committee Reports and Activities
• President Sondra Mote recommended, and the membership agreed to ordering 800 poppies for next year’s program, since all of the previous supply had been used.
• 1st Vice President, Shirley Reeves, requested that the Auxiliary take over the storage unit which is used for files, decorations, and project supplies, at a cost of $42 per month beginning in November. The motion was approved.
• On behalf of the 2nd Vice President, Nancy Kiesel, President Mote reported that the September dinner receipts totaled $142, and would be deposited in the General Fund.
• Linda Olsen, Girls State Chair, reported that she had spoken with representatives from Torrey Pines, La Costa Canyon, and San Dieguito Academy about nominees for next year’s Girls State. Reservations must be submitted in January/February 2018.
• Volunteers for the Turkey Trot baskets are Sondra Mote, Nancy Crowley, Nancy G, Karen Bonner, Shirley Reeves, and Connielou Caldwell. The committee’s meeting was set for October 21st.
• Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 7th, with refreshments at 6:30pm, followed immediately by the regular meeting at 7:00pm.