American Legion Auxiliary, San Dieguito Unit 416
Meeting Highlights – March 2019
Committee Reports and Activities
• President Sondra Mote requested that all new Officer Nominations be submitted by April 1st. She also reported that the Auxiliary has been reimbursed by Post 416 for Wing-it-Wednesday fundraiser expenses and membership application fees.
• On behalf of Chaplain Connielou Caldwell, Sondra reported that Nancy Crowley created a flier for The Celebration of Life for Amy Moser. She also announced the church service schedule for Charles Caldwell on March 11th.
• Membership chair, Roxene McGrory reported that 81 members of a target 107 have paid their 2019 dues.
• Poppy Chair, Merry Culhane will participate again in the Poppy program, starting in April.
• On behalf of Girls State Chair, Linda Olsen, Sondra reported that the interviews for this year’s event had been conducted, and the following had been selected: Megan Sparrow, representing Torrey Pines High School, Kathryn Enriquez of La Costa Canyon, and Marley Jaoudi from San Dieguito Academy.
• As part of our Education committee, Sondra Mote met with Mikaela Adam, from Cathedral High School, who applied for a Children of Warriors scholarship.
• Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 3rd, with refreshments at 6:30pm, followed immediately by the regular meeting at 7:00pm.