The Post is currently involved with the Following Organizations for Networking and Collaboration:
• San Diego Military Advisory Council (SDMAC) and we usually have a table at their monthly breakfast. Lately, Ed,Judy, Brian Gana and Rolf (representing American Legion Baseball) Ed and myself show up but all post members are welcome - POC is Ed Riley - 310-493-0809
• San Diego Veterans Coalition and currently have a webpage on their site. They had over 58 different Veterans Organizations that met last meeting - POC Matt Shillingburg
• SDVC - Veterans Empowered, Successful & Thriving (VEST) POC Matt Shillingburg
• Encinitas Chamber of Commerce - POC Matt Shillingburg & Brittany Schoor
• Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce - POC Scott Marquette
American Legion DISTRICT 22 - I attended the district meeting and passed out flyers for our Annual Army Navy Game. The National Commander, CA Department Commander and District 22 Commander has been invited to the game. Steve Lebherz (Walk For The Fallen) briefed both District 22 Executive Board and General Membership on what we are doing with the "Walk For The Fallen." American Legion Baseball will be moving their Union Bank Baseball Account out from under our EIN to District 22 soon.
General Membership voted to Support the 416 Foundation at last General Membership Meeting and we had the "First Reading" of the By-Laws Revision and we will add, change or delete items at the November General Membership Meeting.
• October 27, 2019, 8:00am the Post will have a booth at the Suicide Prevention Walk and highlight the fact that 22 Veteran Commit Suicide a day and will be passing out Dr. Murphy's information on PrTMS to help people that are interesting in supporting his program and need his assistance for themselves or a loved one.
• October 29, 2019, 6:00pm Citizens Participation Plan for our New Building
• October 30, 2019 6:00pm Executive Board with Post Officers/Executive Board Members and Foundation Members.
• October 31, 2019 - Halloween Festivities at the Post
• November 1, 2019 - Veteran of the Year Award - Scottish Rites Center - Noon
• November 3, 2019 - Carlsbad Street Faire - We have a booth to recruit new members. Please stop by if you are in the area.
• November 11, 2019 - Veterans Day Ceremony with the Army Navy Academy Carlsbad, 11:00am - Noon. We will have a section at Bliss Field for the ceremony and legion members representing the branches of service for the "Pass and Review"
• November 13, 2019 - General Membership Meeting
• November 28, 2019 - Turkey Trot Run https://excelarace.com/catalog/category/view/s/2019encinitasturkeytrot/id/11103/ This event is supported by 416 Auxiliary.
• November 28, 2019 - Post Thanksgiving Dinner
• December 7, 2019 - 5:30-8:30pm Encinitas Holiday Parade
• December 14, 2019 - 4th Annual ARMY V NAVY GAME - Gate open at 11:00am, National Anthem at 11:30am and Kick off at Noon. Tickets can be purchased online at: https://excelarace.com/catalog/category/view/s/2019armynavygame416/id/11115/
• December 24 & 25, 2019 Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
• December 31, 2019 - New Years Eve Celebration
• January 1, 2020 - New Years Day Celebration
416 FOUNDATION: POC and CEO for the Foundation is Post Member Ralph Bettencourt. Please contact him if you want too be on one of the committees that are currently meeting.
Terry Kaltenbach, Ralph Bettencourt, Alan Lerchbacker, Bob Casey and myself are on the Building Committee and have met twice already. Fundraising Committee will met soon so please get involved. It is Your Post so I encourage everyone to be involved.
4TH ANNUAL ARMY V NAVY GAME: The ticket link is live and you can purchase your tickets at: https://excelarace.com/catalog/category/view/s/2019armynavygame416/id/11115/
• We currently need Sponsors and Silent Auction Items. I have attached the Income and Expense Sheet from last years fundraiser for all our members so that we are always transparent in all our financial dealing with the Post
• Silent Auction Co-Chairs are Judy Leonardi and 2nd Vice Commander, Brittany Schoor and I have attached their "ASK LETTER" so that you might use it to contact your sources for sponsorship or silent auction or if you want to modify the letter feel free to modify to ask your friends or contacts.
• We need Beer, Liquor donations. A keg or 2 from Craft Brewers or liquor like we had Wirth Crown Royal, Titos Vodka, etc. would be great. I think that I have 1 thousand dollar sponsor already and looking for more. We would like the whole event to be sponsored.
• We have sold 2 VIP Tables already and members have reported back to me that they have already bought their tickets.
That's all for now.
Thank You all your support to our members, Active Duty Veterans and their Families.
United States Army Retired
San Dieguito American Legion Post 416
Encinitas, Ca 92024