American Legion Auxiliary, San Dieguito Unit 416
Meeting Highlights – January 2019
Committee Reports and Activities
• President Sondra Mote, along with Shirley Reeves, met with Lois and decorated the Veterans Home lobby for Christmas. Twenty $15 gift cards were also donated to the home. She also noted that the gifts purchased for families in the STEP program were also delivered.
• Officer nominations for the 2019-2020 year must be completed by the end of March. Members are urged to consider who would make good candidates, and whether they would consider running for office themselves. (Details on officer responsibilities can be found in the Auxilary Unit Handbook.)
• 1st Vice President, Nancy Crowley, is researching sites and costs for a late February or early March Casino Bus Trip fundraiser. Sondra suggested that each member should contact five friends about participating. We need 40 individuals at $20 each to meet the $500 bus deposit. Please contact Sondra with your reservations.
• 2nd Vice President, Julie Glinski, reported that “Wing-it Wednesday” has been offered by the Post, to the Auxiliary, as a fundraiser supplement. Kimberly St. John, Sondra Mote, and Cherie Denevers volunteered for January 9th, and additional volunteers are needed for future Wednesdays.
• A Celebration of Life for Louise “Mom” Wetzell will be held at the Post, on Sunday, February 10th, at 1:00pm.
• Membership chair, Roxene McGrory, nominated 5 candidates for membership: Julie Bloomfield, Diana Davis, Sans Hartzell, Shree McGruder, and Amy Shui. All were accepted. Welcome, Ladies!
• Girls State chair, Linda Olsen, will schedule interviews to be held in February to select this years representative. The interviews will be held in the newly renovated meeting rooms at the Post.
• The Financial Audit, was completed successfully in December, by Karen Bonner and Venessa Luterneau.
• It was noted that the February and march meetings will be held on a Wednesday evening, rather than Tuesday.
• Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 6th, with refreshments at 6:30pm, followed immediately by the regular meeting at 7:00pm.