American Legion Auxiliary, San Dieguito Unit 416
Meeting Highlights – May 2019
Committee Reports and Activities
• President Sondra Mote conducted the second round of Officer Nominations for the coming year.
Nominees for elected positions are:
President - Sandra Mote
1st Vice President - Nancy Crowley
2nd Vice President - Julie Glinski
Secretary - Cherie Denevers
Treasurer - Vanessa Luterneau
Executive Women - Connielou Caldwell and Karen MacKenzie
Appointed positions are:
Chaplain - Connielou Caldwell
Sergeant at Arms - Karen Bonner
Membership Chair - Roxene McGrory
• Barbara Gnazzo has submitted a letter of resignation as Treasurer. Secretary Cherie Denevers will fill the vacancy as temporary Treasurer, until the officer elections in June.
• 1st Vice President Nancy Crowley discussed various options for fund raiser events, such as a bake sale, or rummage sale.
• Chaplain Connielou Caldwell distributed a prayer, and provided perspective on Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, as published in the AL Auxiliary Magazine
• Membership Chair, Roxene McGrory, indicated that only two months remain for updating current membership, and that 85 of the 107 quota has been met.
• Girls State Chair, Linda Olsen, will attend the Girls State Tea and Orientation on Sunday, May 19th.
• The Poppies mailing has been completed.
• Our Auxiliary meeting date will be changed to the first Wednesday of the month, due to a scheduling conflict with Post Open Mic night. The newly elected officers will begin the process to update our By-Laws, as required for the change.
• It was decided to update our Standing Rules, to extend the maximum number of consecutive officer terms from 3 years to 5.
• On Memorial Day, May 27th, Post 416 will be hosting its first “Walk for the Fallen”, a building fundraiser. Participation is encouraged! Full details can be found on the website at CALegionPost416.org
• Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 5th, with refreshments at 6:30pm, followed immediately by the regular meeting at 7:00pm.