American Legion Auxiliary, San Dieguito Unit 416
Meeting Highlights – November 2018
Committee Reports and Activities
• A big “Thank you!” was extended to all the ladies who participated in this year’s Turkey Trot! One hundred baskets in total will be distributed to families in need for the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Mark your calendars – Sunday, December 9th has been selected for the annual Auxiliary Christmas Party, from 1:00 to 4:00pm. The party will include a potluck meal, a secret gift exchange, valued at $15 or less, and a special prize for the person who chooses the gift with the white elephant inside.
• As part of the “Support the Enlisted Program” (STEP), our Unit has voted to provide Christmas gifts to three families, with a $400 maximum per family. Volunteers Karen Bonner, Karen Mackenzie, Cherie Denevers, Vanessa Luterneau, and Connielou Caldwell, will purchase and wrap the gifts, which will be delivered to STEP by Sondra and Steven Mote.
• This year, instead of decorating the lobby at the Chula Vista Veterans’ Home, it was decided to provide twenty $15 gift cards for the residents.
• The Auxiliary Financial Audit is scheduled for December 1, 20:18, to be conducted by volunteers, Karen Bonner and Vanessa Luterneau.
• There will be no regular meeting in December. Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 2nd, with refreshments at 6:30pm, followed immediately by the regular meeting at 7:00pm.